It's 6.30 am and in about 8 hours or so, my holiday begins. We've planned a shared kai in class today and I think that's another great reason to get up early this morning.
The weather lately has been bleak, cold and at times miserable. Although we've experiences a short term of nine weeks, it sure feels longer and I attribute that to testing, report writing and late nights completing interviews.
People have asked me what I intend doing with myself over the term break and I've answered 'nothing really' although I know that time will mean mahi before play- cleaning and relaxing in that order.
FIVE Modelling Book Tips:
1. Keep a toolkit of pens, coloured pens, ruler, highlighters, pencils, dictionary and thesaurus handy.
2. Write up the WALT well ahead of time and have additional information ready.
3. It's a modelling book so errors or the modelling of errors are acceptable.
4. Ask for samples of work from students to include in the book.
5. Keep the modelling book up to date and encourage students to refer to it often.